Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 2

I still haven't pulled.  It's been 47 hours.  I'm not quite to the point where I can say the number of days, so I'll stick to hours for now.

I had a real hard time getting ready for work this morning.  I was brushing my hair and trying to put it in a pony tail, but the short white hairs on the crown of my head were sticking straight up.  I just couldn't hide it.  I know that the regrowth is good, but it's so OBVIOUS because it's coming back in white.  The reason for this is that I have pulled for so long, the same spots over and over that the follicles are damaged and can no longer grow hairs that have pigment.  That's why all the regrowth is white.  I won't know until more of the hair grows back if I have any spots where the hair just won't grow back at all.  It's possible to damage the follicles beyond repair and cause permanent bald spots.  I'm hoping this hasn't happened to me.  I'll just have to deal with the white hair.  There's a lot of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment